Do you need a fun summer activity that doubles as a healthy sweet treat? Try these nutritious berry pops. Here is the recipe, easy and tasty too. It also may be easier for children who are dealing with an illness to suck on these Berry Pops because of the cool temperature and the great flavor.
Makes 6 servings
-Measuring cups and spoons
-Saucepan and blender
-Wooden spoon and hot pad, cookie sheet
-Paper cups, aluminum foil, Popsicle sticks
-1/3 cup berry juice blend
-1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
-1 ½ cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
-1 ¼ cups frozen unsweetened berries
1. Place the juice in a pan and sprinkle the gelatin over it, Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until gelatin crystals dissolve.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and place on a hot pad.
3. Mix the yogurt, berries, and warm gelatin mixture in a blender. Secure lid and blend until smooth.
4. Fill six-ounce cups with the blended mixture and cover each with a sheet of aluminum foil. Place the cups on a cookie sheet.
5. Insert the Popsicle stick in each cup by making a slit in the foil.
6. Place the tray in the freezer and freeze until hard.
7. Peel away the paper and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 Popsicle
Fat: 1 g
Protein: 3 g