Friday, April 8, 2011

G is the Next Letter in Our Challenge- Can You Guess What it Means?




G is for gratitude. My question to the readers is this. How difficult is it to be grateful when you are in the midst of chaos and crisis?

It has been my experience that when I work hard to show and feel gratitude even when things go bad, it really does make the bad seem less .... well ... bad. It is difficult to put into words sometimes and at the risk of sounding phoney and too rosey I stand by the statement. Being grateful during rough times helps you to appreciate the good, stop dwelling so much on the bad, and helps you to cope with today. 

How do you feel about that? Can you think of a sad, bad, or really tragic time in your life when you can now look back with some smidgen of gratitude for the lessons. Maybe you can simply be grateful for the love and support of family and friends even during a loss.

Being thankful helps to balance the unfairness of life and life's circumstances. Keeping a gratitude journal may help you to recognize the good things you have. Try it for  a week and re-evaluate. Let me know how that feels.

Today I am grateful for you, the reader. Really thankful.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

As they say hindsight is 20/20. I can think of several experiences that I can now see that God was doing for good. Although at the time, my eyes were glued on the bad.
Wanda
The Watered Soul

Deirdra Eden-Coppel said...

I love your site and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Inspiring Blog Award.
Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
~Deirdra