Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year- New Chances

I got word this week that one of my cousins passed away. He was 10 years older than I and I have many good memories from when we were kids but the sad truth is he died alone and empty. Years of poor choices and bad things happening hardened him to life and love. It makes my heart hurt.

Which brings me to my point today. It is a New Year and a new opportunity for all of us to let those we love know it. Do the people around you know how much they mean to you? Have you shared with an estranged family member lately...even if it is not acknowledged? A note or email might plant a seed.

In my case, I have sent cards and even a few phone calls in the past several years. I don't think it made a difference in how empty he felt or how sad the end of his last years became, but only God really knows. Maybe I could have done more, maybe not. I will probably never know. But I can trust that God has a plan for each of us including me and that has to be enough for a New Year. What new chances will I have for 2011?

Blessings for new chances for all of you,  a new chance at health, recovery, remission, or relationships. What ever your new chance might be, God Bless You in 2011. And may my cousin be in peace with his eternity. Love you G.

2 comments:

Marlene Hibbard said...

I could have written the same likes and hobbies on my blog as you have on yours. Knitting, music likes, writing (of course) and blogging. Did you say sewing?
I also sew and quilt. :) Nice to "meet" you

terri.forehand said...

Hi Marlene,
I love to sew and piece quilt tops. I would also love to get a long arm machine for quilting my own but not in the budget yet. Writing and nursing are taking up most of my time now. Thanks for stopping by. Let me know when your blog is up and running and I will sure follow.