Winter is coming. I have to say that although fall is a beautiful time of year, I feel this year it has been dampened with unseasonably cold and rainy weather and WORRIES about the flu.
What is a mom to do? Do we give our kids the vaccines and hope for the best, or don't and still hope for the best?
- Follow these tips to make the right decision for your family.
- Educate yourself. Read all that you can find from reliable sources. Utilize the Center for Disease control website at www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu
- Practice good hand-washing, good oral hygiene, and cough into your sleeve.
- Stay home when you are ill or if your children are ill to avoid exposing others
- Eat healthy, drink plenty of water, and continue to exercise.
- Take a daily vitamin and make sure your children take one as well.
- Discuss the need for vaccinations with your family physician and get them when available
To Vaccinate or Not to vaccinate is a personal choice. The recommendations are for your safety and health but you alone must decide what is best for your family. Following the other tips to keep healthy will ensure that you have done your part in keeping your family well.
Happy Fall... Happy Flu season. May we all avoid it this season.