- Fever on and off for 3-5 days
- Sudden and severe headache
- Aches and pains in joints and muscles
- Extreme exhaustion
- Sneezing only sometimes
- Sore throat sometimes
- Chest discomfort and cough are common
Cold symptoms include the following:
- Fever is rare and usually low grade
- Headaches are mild
- Aching is mild
- Extreme exhaustion- never
- Stuffy nose-common
- Sneezing –common
- Sore throat-common
- Chest discomfort and cough are common and usually the cough is a mild hacking type
Prevention is the single most helpful thing families can do to ward off the flu. Flu vaccines are available and should be considered. Hand washing and using hand sanitizer is a must for the prevention of illness of any kind and children should be taught at an early age how to wash hand properly. Staying home, resting, and drinking plenty of fluids will help ease the sypmtoms. Seek medical care immediately if your child has a change in mental status or suddenly appears more ill.
These tips won't keep the bug from hitting, but they may ease the pain. Cough into a tissue, cover your nose when you sneeze, and always, always wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer.
When all else fails, go to bed and rest. Staying home and getting the rest you need keeps those bugs from spreading and helps quicken your recovery time.
Here's to keeping to healthy.