Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer time fun.....


Summer time is a time for fun, but with the economy and maybe the health of your child in question fun might have to be redefined. And that is okay.


Fun can be simple and cheap. I have fun just watching my grandchildren do the everyday things that I call chores.... things like planting the garden and feeding the alpacas. It is different for them and they are having fun too.


Find simple and cheap things to enjoy with your children and grandchildren. Mold the activities to match the physical abilities of the children and look for simple things like a walk in the woods, digging in the sand at the beach, or making things with paper, glitter, and glue in the shade of a tree.


Make homemade Popsicles or fruit smoothies with fresh fruit from the local market. Tell stories, you about your childhood and your children about the magic that runs in their imagination. My grand-daughter had the most fun this weekend telling me stories about fairies and the magic she thinks they have.... you know, the Tinkerbell kind of magic. It made me feel young to just listen to her dreams.


No matter what your circumstance... health, money, lack of one or both..... take time finding the less expensive things in life and maybe you will discover a little magic too.


Happy summer taking it one day at a time finding the magic of the moment.

2 comments:

J. Aday Kennedy's A Writing Playground said...

Hi Terri,
Finding cheap & easy things to do can draw a family together. A benefit of the economic crisis is families are spending more time interacting with one another. Board games are being revived. As a kid I loved the time my family spent around game boards. With video games popularity, the games I played as a child were left behind. With a deck of cards or a set of dice hours of enjoyment can be found. I'm glad to se he resurgence.
Blessings,
J. Aday Kennedy
The Differently-Abled Children's Author
www.jadaykennedy.com
http://jadaykennedy.blogspot.com/

Donna M. McDine said...

Hi Terri:

Wonderful fitting post for the summer months. I especially enjoyed your last line. Great! I've always found the cheapest and simplest way of spending time together is the best. Seems to be less pressure to have a good time.

Best wishes,
Donna
Children’s Author
Write What Inspires You Blog
Donna M. McDine’s Website