Friday, November 7, 2008

Laughter as Medicine......

This logo and mission statement have been used with the gracious permission from founder Sherry Dunay Hilber. I use it with gratitude for both the use and their work for kids and adults who are in pain.




Mission Statement:Rx Laughter is a 501c3 nonprofit corporation. The mission of Rx Laughter is to prevent, reduce and eliminate trauma, pain, suffering and illness by implementing enjoyable film and television entertainment into health care in innovative ways. We do this through therapy, research, education and evaluation. We work closely with the entertainment industry, technology experts and health care institutes to achieve these goals.



I have found ( thanks to my writing friend Carma, at http://carmaswindow.blogspot.com/) a website that touches my heart. They use their talents and resources to help children with cancer and pain to be entertained and distracted. Their mission statement is listed above and clearly outlines their goal for both adults and children suffering from pain and trauma..... and they gear much of what they do to programs that distract and entertain to achieve these goals.



Founder, Sherry Dunay Hilber has done a great job in organizing and reaching her goals of implementing projects that help patients who are suffering an enormous amount of pain.
Please visit the website for Rxlaughter to see what they do and maybe find a place you can contribute.



Check it out at http://www.rxlaughter.org/ and let me know what you think. My grandma always told me to keep laughing and I believe it to be true. Laughter is the best medicine for what ever ails you.

3 comments:

Theresa Schultz said...

Hi Terri,

I haven't checked in with the blog for awile. I see I've missed several good ones. Once again, the information you provide is so needed and appreciated.

Take care,
Theresa
Stres-FreeParent.blogspot.com

Carma's Window said...

Hi Terri,
I am glad you were able to use this wonderful site. I agree laughter is the best medicine. Remember how you have felt after a good ole fashion belly laugh.

Carma

Donna McDine said...

Hi Terri...you consistently provide valuable info...keep up the great work!

Warmly,
Donna
www.donna-mcdine.blogspot.com