If you or a loved one is experiencing mucositis from the results of chemotherapy, you owe it to yourself to check out this new gel. The product description gives directions for adults, but check with your physician to see if it can be applied with q-tips for teens and children over the age of 8.
Gelclair is an oral gel for mucositis. More information can be found at www.gelclair.com
The symptoms of mucositis are: (post chemotherapy)
- early signs....redness and swelling inside the mouth
- day 1-5 .....first signs of painful sores
- day 6-12....spreading of the sores inside of the mouth with signs of white patches
- day 12-16.... slow signs of healing begin ( usually before the next round of chemo is due)
What you can do:
- practice good oral hygiene
- eat soft, bland foods
- drink cool liquids (avoiding too hot or too cold)
- avoid citrus or acidic foods
- avoid alcohol and tobacco products
Gelclair gently soothes the pain, is non-numbing, non-stinging, and non-drying. It is by prescription, so ask you health care provider if this is right for you.