Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hugs ... anyone need one today?


Sometimes we just need a hug. It would be nice if it came from Mickey himself, but alas, that is not always possible.



But we can play Mickey and give out the hugs when someone least expects it.



The hug doesn't have to be a physical hug. It can come in the form of a hand written note, a flower, a card, a favorite sweet treat, or a phone call or email.



Each person you know and some you don't know are going through something. Maybe their first born has gone off to college for the first time. How about an elder from the church who doesn't get many visitors or letters in the mail. Then there are your casual friends at work, or maybe a teenager you know who could use a lift or some words of encouragement before starting the new school year. Do you know anyone going through a health crisis, big or small?




The list is endless when it comes to finding someone who may need a hug. The problem is we are busy, we have our own needs, we have our own issues, and we become so wrapped up in our life that we don't look around at who we may be able to touch with a simple and kind hug of sorts.



I challenge the readers here to look for one person you can encourage or send a note to, someone you can give a kind word to or even a smile. It will open you up for so many blessings to come your way if you take just one quick moment to bless someone else with just a sweet hug.

Pretend you are Mickey Mouse and it is your job if you have to, but do it. You will feel better for it, I promise.

2 comments:

Dorothy Massey said...

What a lovely post! Just reading it made me feel like I'd had a big hug. Loved the picture too. I must admit sometimes when I feel really fed up I go for a walk and make an effort to be pleasant by smiling, saying hello to strangers etc. It really lifts me.
I like the idea that a hug doesn't need to be literal, there are many ways of hugging.

Carma's Window said...

Terri you are truly a blessing to all. thanks for this reminder. I need to remember to take my eyes off myself and encourage others. It is not all about me. :)

Carma
http://carmaswindow.blogspot.com