- The kids have worked hard to raise funds and now maybe they need some good organizations to send their donations to. I have a list of websites and organizations to get you started. These listed today specialize in neurological disorders. One of those diseases is Muscular dystrophy. Other diseases are Spinal Muscular Atrophy, and Myotonic Dystrophy.
These diseases all affect the muscles and the child becomes weaker as time goes on. Expensive medical equipment is sometimes needed like wheel chairs, braces, and even breathing machines called ventilators. Donations to these organizations can help provide equipment, further research about the diseases, and educate the public. Visit the websites for more information.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association http://www.mda.org/
- Parent Project Muscular dystrophy http://parentprojectmd.org/
- International Myotonic dystrophy Organization http://www.myotonicdystrophy.org/
- Muscular dystrophy family foundation http://www.mdff.org/
- Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy society http://www.fshsociety.org/
Visit the sites with your children to gain information, education, and the mission of each of these groups. It will make you feel more comfortable with where you send your donation and it will make you aware of the needs of others. Remember, if it is important enough for famous people like Jerry Lewis to spend their time and energy on, it might just be important enough for you. The kids you help will appreciate your generosity, believe me.
Blessings, and let me know what your kids have done.