Monday, June 9, 2008

Wedding Blessings


Just an update for those of you who read my blog regularly. Earlier in the spring I mentioned my daughter's friend who was planning her wedding when her father was suddenly diagnosed with a terminal cancer. God is good and the wedding took place as planned. It was beautiful and bittersweet.
Her father has lost weight, was fatigued and I am certain in pain. However, his selfless love shined as he walked his only daughter down the aisle, danced the cherished father-daughter dance, and was able to spend the entire evening ( somewhat shortened ) enjoying family and friends. I cried like a baby watching the two of them share such an intimate moment on that dance floor and I felt blessed to be a part of what God knew would be the perfect occasion on the perfect day.
So remember, no matter what you believe, stay in the moment. Waste not a moment in worry, but enjoy the present. Even in sadness, look for the blessings, and hang on to the memories. They will stay with you forever, so make them happy. In the end, they are all you have.

2 comments:

Carma said...

Terri Thanks for this much needed reminder.

Carma
http://carmaswindow.blogspot.com

lisa holdren said...

Hey Terri,

Your site is always so pleasing to see and from the heart. You've got a good handle on this! Inspiration for me, and I'm sure others, in more than one way.

Lisa H.
http://findingpeacemomentbymoment,blogspot.com