Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New Web page with blog for kids who are experiencing a loss

Kids,
Do you ever feel like the lone tree in a forest of confusion? Teens, do you feel out of place because of an illness, because of what you are going through, or because you look at life differently than your peers. As a pediatric nurse and mom I understand what you are going through. If you are the sibling of a patient going through a health crisis, you too may feel out of place and need to share your feelings.
Visit my website at http://freewebs.com/heartfeltwords4kids/ and click on the page titled Kids Words and Then Some..... Here I have designed a page/blog just for you. Kids of all ages who are experiencing a loss or have been dealing with an illness now have a safe place to write what they feel or to ask questions of me or their peers. I have the medical background to help you find answers to questions you may not feel comfortable asking. I also feel it is important for you to have a place to talk if you are scared or feel alone. Parents are free to explore the website for resources and book reviews too.
When a child is ill, the whole family goes through a variety of stressful feelings and painful subjects open up. My site will hopefully provide some extra information and guidance for coping with all of the stress you are encountering.
Check it out.... soon I will have a newsletter too, and will be looking for ideas from you for content. Be sure and fill out the comment section if you have any ideas.

5 comments:

Dorothy Massey said...

Hi Terri, Dorothy here. Your blog is great. One of my friends is an ex children's nurse. I'll send her a link to your site and tell her to pass on the word to collegues past and present who work with seriously ill kids. I'll also pass the info on to anyone else I know who might be in contact with grieving kids. I urge other readers to do the same.

Suzanne Lieurance said...

Hi, Terri,

I love your blog and the things you offer to teens, parents, and anyone going through challenging times or a great loss just keep getting better and better.

You are such a wonderful resource!

Suzanne Lieurance
The Working Writer's Coach
http://www.workingwriterscoach.com
"When Your Pen Won't Budge, Read The Morning Nudge"

Theresa Schultz said...

Hi Terri,

What a great website! I'll definitely recommend it to anyone going through a difficult time or a loss.

Theresa
Stress-FreeParent.blogspot.com

Judy said...

Hi Terri,
You are a special person - to work where you do, give others the strength to get through difficult times, and also provide this fantastic resource - my hats off to you.
I will be back again.

Take care,
Judy

Lisa Kirby said...

Hi, Terri,

I wish your site had been available when we lost my father. My children and the other children in the family had a hard time dealing with the loss.

It's wonderful to know there's someone like you providing help to our children during such a traumatic time in their lives.

Lisa
www.familyfunandfood.blogspot.com