Monday, April 7, 2008

Link to great articles for grieving parents and grandparents......


I want to introduce author, Jewel Sample. I was introduced to this writer through my online writing group and I had to share the link to her blog. She has written a book to help kids deal with the death of a sibling. Check out her site by clicking on the article title I have added to my blog. Make sure you scroll up to capture the entire article written by her guest blogger, and browse her site for great tips on dealing with grief. I look forward to getting to know Jewel through my writing group and will continue to share with the reader her insights. The book is titled Flying Hugs And Kisses. It is a great storyline and children as well as adults will find the ideas and tips helpful. Another good resource to help families facing this saddness.

4 comments:

Gayle McCain said...

I wish this info had been around, and I aware of it, when my friend Amy lost her daughter.

Thank you for making this available.

Gayle

www.gaylemccain.blogspot.com

Jewel Sample said...

Thank you so much Terri for mentioning my children's grief and loss book, Flying Hugs and Kisses as well as my blogspot, Jewel's Sand Box News.

There is also an accompanying activity book that helps children process the grief and loss they are experiencing called Flying Hugs and Kisses Activity Book.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Best regards,
Jewel Sample

Donna McDine ~ Children's Author said...

Terri...wonderful insightful blog...KUDOS! My sister benefited from a nurse at our local hospital that directed her to the grief counseling group she coordinated. It helped her tremendously. May God bless you!

Glad to be with you at the CWCC.

Warmly,
Donna
http://www.donna-mcdine.blogspot.com ~ Write What Inspires You!
http://www.donnamcdine.com

lisa holdren said...

I coudn't do what you do in a million years and I've lived through this stuff. You've a very open heart and strong soul. What a well developed site too!