Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Voice for kids

I am a registered nurse and author interested in being the voice for kids in all kinds of situations. In my line of work I see children dealing with illness, loss, and life with courage, love, anger, and fear. My goal is to reach out to kids to help them deal with their situations. Children of all ages need to know that what they feel is real, is normal, and they are not alone. I find that both fiction and non-fiction writing can ease a child's stress if they can relate to what they read.

On these pages I will give resources for a variety of health and developmental issues, as well as personal accounts from my experiences. I will cover age appropriate resources as well as information for parents and grandparents. I will offer book reviews for text that I find helpful in a given situation, and of course I will include fun, fun, fun.

Check back often for this heartfelt journey.

Blessings to one and all.

1 comment:

raimie said...

This sounds like a wonderful resource for families with children. I have two young children of my own and I am constantly looking for guidence.
I will keep checking this blog!